Middle Eastern Flavours


I'm having a bit of a middle eastern themed week! Tried out this new Fentimans Rose Lemonade. It was the usual reliable Fentimans standard and refreshing lemonade with just a hint of rose. I've also been munching on a box of the vegan friendly rose and lemon Turkish Delight the Home Bargains/Quality Save chain are selling for 99p at the moment and which is due to feature in some weekend baking.


Tonight I met my friend Jan to see Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky at the Cornerhouse Cinema and we ate there before the film. The cafe has had a vegan roast vegatable pizza on the menu for a few years now and it was good to see more vegan options have appeared. There was spicy hummus, baba ganoush and carrot and cumin pate and a Morrocan tagine. I decided to give this a try and it was wonderful. It came in a dish topped with a flatbread that had been shaped to look like the lid of the tagine which gave it a real wow factor!

Comments

  1. Love the sound of the lemonade!

    Hope you're feeling better. And the food in your last post looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tagine! Cornucopia here in Dublin do a really good one :) I like the idea of the bread being the lid too, would keep it nice and warm. Really want to try baba ganoush again, it's been years since I had some and I can't remember what it tastes like! There's a falafel stall at a farmers' market here that sells it in some pitta along with some tabbouleh... I've been meaning to get it for ages now... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Sarah, I'm just starting iron replacement treatment so should be feeling better soon. Have ended up with anemia although not related to my diet. Glad to get to the bottom of it and tests have ruled out celiacs.

    Hi Velovegan, that stall sounds great.Something the Farmers Markets in Manchester are lacking, it's always sausages and burgers here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe