Come Dine With Caroline

A few of us at work started a Come Dine With Me Night last year and every couple of months one of us hosts a meal for the group. Richard was first, followed by Paulette and last Wednesday was my turn. After finding a jewelled lantern when I was tidying out a cupboard I was inspired to go for a Morrocan/Turkish theme. First up was Pomegranate Cosmospolitans which got the evening off to a good start. The starter was Muhammara - a Turkish garlic, roasted red pepper and walnut dip flavoured with pomegrante molasses. I served this with carrot sticks and baked, spiced pitta chips.

I forgot to take a photo of the main course which was the Spring Vegetable Tagine from Vegan With A Vengeance served with couscous and wedges of lemon. I made this the night before to give all the flavours chance to blend. In fact I made all the food the night before so on the day I only had to prepare the couscous and make the cocktails.

Dessert was Rose and Pistachio cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World, which I made in muffin cases so they were more of a dessert sized portion. This was followed by Turkish coffee or mint tea with mejool dates and Turkish Delight. Richard brought his video camera and filmed people rooting through my drawers like in the programme and giving verdicts between courses. He's bringing the edited version in tomorrow, don't know whether to be scared or not! We finished the evening having a bit of an impromptu disco in my living room, dancing to Blondie accompanied by some bubbles I found in my CD cupboard - top night!

Comments

  1. Amazing sounding food! Where did you find the rose water for the cupcakes? I can only find the cheap stuff with perfume which I'm not sure is suitable for cooking?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it in the baking section in Sainsburys. The cupcakes went down well, the rose isn't too overpowering. I had a job though finding some proper Turkish Delight to go with the coffee - the first lot I bought from Quality Save tasted like a cleaning product and I ended up throwing it away it was that horrible! Tracked some authentic stuff down in TKMaxx of all places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow can I come dine with you? haha. Looks AMAZE-O!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe