Bringing Brooklyn to Manchester


I had a sleepover at my sister's house on Saturday. Both herself, her partner Nick and their one year old twins James and Robyn had all had a horrible tummy bug in the week. I said I'd cook whilst they were getting the twins to bed whatever they were craving after being so poorly. Yum, yum, they chose the Brooklyn Pad Thai from Vegan With A Vengeance. They got all the ingredients in and I just had to turn up and cook it.

This is lovely comfort food and I highly recommend it if you've got the book but have never made it. I also brought Nick's favourite dessert of carrot cake. I used this excellent recipe from the Alien's Day Out blog that I found through MoFo adding in some chopped pecans and covering with a simple fondant icing.

Comments

  1. What an awesome sister you are! I've only made that recipe once, will have to do so again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Come and cook for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh yummy, i could eat that now emmm xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's rad, I love cooking for other people and the Brooklyn Pad Thai's a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny enough, VWAV is one of my favorite cookbooks. I've made almost every single recipe out of it but I've yet to make the pad thai. My boyfriend loves that stuff, too. I should get on that. Yours looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sleep over + a vegan meal sounds like a lot of fun! I have VWAV but haven't made that so I'll bookmark it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funnily enough, I have Vegan with a Vengeance but have never made that recipe - I've clearly been missing out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe