Trip to Todmorden


I'm lucky to have stayed friends with my 2 best mates from Uni who I met over 20 years ago! Sarah lives in West Yorkshire and Helen lives in London and we make sure we meet up several times a year. On Saturday I took the 30 minute train ride to Todmorden to spend a lovely afternoon with Sarah.

Todmorden is a little market town which has a great health food shop with a veggie cafe upstairs called the Bear. I forgot to take any pictures of our food we were gabbing so much but my garlic mushrooms on toast was yum and they make the best lattes. Here's some pics from last time.

This wonderful collection of foodstuffs is a small fraction of the wares from the Mediterrean food stall that is on the market and also in the food stall. It is run by a lovely man called Alex who makes his own chocolate and sources the most wonderful foodstuffs. I could have easily spent a £100 there was so much great stuff! I restrained myself and came away with a handmade bar of dark chocolate with rose, pistachio and mulberries, salted roasted Spanish almonds and sweet Turkish figs. Oh, and a packet of Hello Kitty pasta for a HK loving friend.


The market hall also has this great coffee bar where we stopped for espressos which hit the spot for a mid afternoon pick me up. That's Sarah hiding, third one along with the long hair. I'd never been in the food hall before but I'll definitely be back on future visits. I also scored a lovely skirt from a charity shop and an old marmalade pot with a cool spoon from the antique shop next to the Bear, bargains at £3.50 and £2.50 a piece. A perfect Saturday afternooon.



Comments

  1. That looks like a great town to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kitty pasta?? OMG! The chocolate you bought sounds amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love hello kitty pasta! I love hello kitty! How awesome!
    I've passed on the Liebster award to you! I love all that you stand for. You can pick it up at http://inhergrace.wordpress.com/
    Thank you for your friendship. It means so much to me.
    Blessings & love,
    Savannah xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe