Lovely Weekend

I've just had a fab weekend. First off on Friday after work I went shopping and treated myself to a new frock for dancing in. The occasion? A vegan wedding on Saturday. I just love a good wedding disco!


These lovely people, Chrissie and Anthony who I know through Manchester Vegan Society got married and had an all vegan wedding - food, cake, even the little chocolate heart favours. It was a great day.


On Sunday my friends Susan and Tony invited Matt and I for Sunday lunch. We had delicious nut roast, sausages and all the trimmings followed by apple crumble and custard. I love a good Sunday lunch and really appreciate when friends who aren't veggie go to such an effort to cater for me. From Susan's we headed over to my sister's to celebrate my mum's 75th birthday.


Instead of cake Alex and I both made a pie from Vegan Pie in the Sky - the Maple Pecan Pie and the Pear Frangipane Tart . Luckily my twin nephew and niece were around to play with to help us burn off some of the calories!


I'm so looking forward to the summer. We are off to London this weekend to catch up with friends and go to Applecart Festival on Sunday, then the following weekend off for a week in Scarborough followed by a weekend in Newcastle. There's loads of day trips planned too. Hopefully, this nice weather will hang around for a bit!


Comments

  1. Sounds like a fab weekend! And I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stuff! I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself, and yes, the dress is ace too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is beautiful! May you get much disco-ing from it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe