Sunday, 28 October 2012

Apple Pie Martini



I wanted to make an apple pie martini. Apple pie seemed suitably British like Bond but I was struggling to match it with a Bond film. Then my friend Sean, a Bond expert and lover of puns came up with the answer in The Man With The Golden (Delicious) Gun.


This recipe makes a simple yet really delicious Martini. I only had powdered cinnamon which you could see floating in the drink. For aesthetic reasons I'd probably try this with cinnamon syrup next time. A cinnamon stick to garnish would look good too.


Apple Pie Martini
Serves 1

1 shot of vodka
3 shots of apple juice
1/4 teaspoon of cinammon or you could use some cinammon syrup
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
ice

Shake all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a martini glass and serve.

This was the ninth bond film and the second to star Roger Moore. It also starred Christopher Lee as Bond villan Scaramanga. Here's the original trailer.

2 comments:

  1. The man with the golden (delicious) gun - brilliant! I think I might watch another Bond later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I could make this! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete