Magic Muffin Generator - Karen's Pear, Almond and Ginger Muffins



As is the way of this time of year, I have got a horrible cold. Luckily I cooked ahead, froze some muffins and prepared some posts for the Muffin Generator in advance so I been able to keep up with the Mofo blogging. My colleagues have only had the first lot but I've been feeling a lot better this afternoon so hopefully I'll be back in work tomorrow laden down with muffins! The next flavour combination idea came from Karen who came up with Pear and Almond which I couldn't resist adding some crystallised ginger to. Instead of trying to get ripe pears I used those ones you get in juice in a plastic container and they worked really well.


Pear, Ginger and Almond Muffins

Makes 12

Ingredients
1 cup of soya milk
1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
1 ¾ cups of plain flour
2 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
¾ cup of caster sugar
½ cup of sunflower oil
2 teaspoons of almond extract
1 cup of pear diced into little cubes (about 2-3 pears)
1 cup of flaked almonds
1/3 cup of finely chopped crystallised ginger

Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 400 F / Gas 6

Add the vinegar to the milk in a bowl. Whisk and set aside.

In a separate bowl sieve the flour, baking pwder, sugar and salt and stir well.
Make a well in the middle and then pour in the milk mixture, oil and almond extract and give it a few stirs.
As it starts to combine fold in the pear and almonds. Stir until it just comes together, don't over mix.
Divide the batter into the muffin cases.
Bake for 20-22 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.

Recipe by Caroline Turner

Comments

  1. Where do I get me one of those magic muffin generators? Actually, where do I get me some of those magic muffins?

    Reckon some dark chocolate chips would go in there OK too? I can't decide whether to make these or the bakewell ones first...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of pear and almond and agree that ginger is a great addition! I hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah agree about the dark chocolate chips, they would be great to go in here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea of the magic muffin generator. . . and I, too, would love one! An excellent idea for vegan MoFo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of the magic muffin generator as well. Great idea. I wish I was organized enough and had done some posts in advance. Hope you are 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going to publish the list of possible flavour combinations that the Magic Muffin Generator had? So your blog readers can decide what muffins they would've chosen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I'll publish the list at the end. There's enough good ideas that I've not been able to fit in this week to keep us going at work for a while!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe