Spaces Between at Glossop People's Festival



I'm having a little break from the sweet making today because I'm having an art exhibition and tonight is the launch. It's part of the Glossop People's Festival. There's more of an explanation of my work here  if you scroll down the page in the link but I thought I'd share a few pictures of some food and drink related pieces what with it being Mofo! The title of this picture is a line from Fight Club and the drawings are of the contents of my fridge.

A Fridge Full of Condiments and No Real Food


Here these papier mache bottles are covered with lots of random overheard bits of conversations. I was exploring the notion of people thinking they have privacy in a public space. There's some quite funny and some frankly bizzare things on there!


I learned to read tea leaves to make this work and travelled round to friends houses or invited them round to mine and read their fortunes.


The work will be up until the end of November. It's been quite a while since I've exhibited anything so it's been nice to pull this together. Before I go I want to leave you with a link to All But The Kitchen Sink where Trista is blogging lovely food related drawings for Mofo.

Comments

  1. Your work looks fantastic and I hope the exhibition is a success, hun!

    I love the one about the conversations people have in public, it's so funny what you can overhear and it's so easy to think that you can speak freely but someone is always listening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks amazing! I hope the exhibition goes really well! And you read tea leaves! That's so cool! I will have to get you to read mine! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day! I could have sworn I've visited this website before but after looking at some of the articles I realized it's new to me.
    Regardless, I'm definitely pleased I came across it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking
    back often!
    My web site :: source

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe