Northern Vegan Festival

This last Saturday was the Northern Vegan Festival which was held in Manchester city centre. It was an amazing day! Over 2,500 people turned up and there were long queues to get in for much of the day. Next year they are going to need a much bigger venue. I'd been ill for a week and half beforehand with a horrible chest infection/ suspected whooping cough and wasn't sure if I would make it. I was pretty shaky on the day but managed a good few hours and I'm so glad I did! Here's Lynnmarie and Jen of Manchester Vegans at the start of the day with a stall full of fantastic food donations and baked goods. £250 was collected in donations to be split between 3 charities which was great going.


I also got to meet one of my favourite bloggers - Jojo of Vegan in Brighton. We got to hang out a bit over the weekend, in V Revolution, at the after party and Jojo also came to Meat Free Monday. I hope she makes it up to visit us again soon!


I'd had a really poor appetite all week so it was great to get it back and tuck into some delicious vegan goodies. For lunch I had an amazing pulled pork roll from the V Revolution stall. Hats off to V Rev, those guys are amazing. There was a major fire in the building next door to them the day before and they couldn't get into the shop to get supplies out until late on Friday night then they worked through the night prepping to feed all us hungry vegans.


I constantly drool over pictures of cake from the Cat and the Cream in the VX Facebook news feed so I was delighted to see them at the festival and to be able to purchase one of their boobie cakes where the proceeds go to Sarah Kramer who's had to close her shop whilst she recovers from surgery.


And finally one of my favourite things from Saturday and a genius idea from Tams at Manchester Vegan Society. She made vegan Pengiun biscuits and they tasted just like how I remembered the real thing. They consist of Aldi bourbon biscuits dipped in melted Aldi chocolate! A great fundraiser idea.

Comments

  1. It was brilliant wasn't it?!! I couldn't beleive how many people were there, and that was at half ten in the morning! We bought cakes and pies, and tea, yum. I could get so fat on the goodies there I can tell you. I shall be doing a post on it myself anon. Love the penguin biscuits idea too. :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun time!
    I'm sorry to hear you were sick, but glad you were well enough to enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The festival looks fantastic! And yay for meeting Jojo, I will meet her in a month :)

    I hope you're feeling much better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, yay! Meeting you was awesome too! I wish I'd been smart enough to take a picture! I also really need to make those penguin bars! Such an awesome idea and I can't believe how simple they are to put together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe