Tibits Cookbook


I have to admit I've never been to Tibits. If you're not aware of it, it's a buffet style veggie restaurant in London. I've always been impressed by what I've seen of it on other blogs and I was gutted when they recently invited me to some vegan tasting days and I wasn't able to make it to any of them. However, they also sent me a copy of their cookbook, Tibits At Home. I've tried out a few of the recipes and I've been very impressed so far. The book is vegetarian though I'd say about 50% of the recipes are vegan with more being easy to sub ingredients and make vegan. First of it is a beautiful book to look at, a real coffee table stunner, packed with lots of great colour photos and food styling that puts my efforts to shame!


The first couple of dishes that I tackled were soups. Above is Tomato Soup with Lemongrass and Coconut Milk and below is Parsnip Soup which also contained potatoes and was delicately flavoured with lemon. Both soups were a winner, were very easy to make and I would definitely make again.


This last dish I've already made twice including for a dinner party. It's called Warm Dahl with Spinach and is at the back of the plate. It's a wonderfully creamy twist on a classic dahl with the inclusion of a tin of coconut milk. Again it was easy and quick to make. The book is also good on salads and simple veggie dishes. There's no fake meats or cheeses or even much in the way of soy products. The emphasis is on vegetables and light, clean dishes that aren't overcomplicated.


To check out some more dishes from the book pop over to Emma's blog at Coconut and Berries. If you've not looked at Coconut and Berries before you must check it out. It's a lovely blog that I only became aware of during this years Mofo. I love Mofo for new discoveries, especially finding other UK vegan food blogs.

Comments

  1. I like the sound of that. I often use soya products but do enjoy my meals that stand up on their own, minus the fake meats/cheese,. (they aren't so rank they stand up on their own - just to clarify *laughs )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought exactly the same- perfect for the coffee table! I've been thinking about that dahl so glad to know it's tasty. Thanks so much for the shoutout :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of Tibits, it always feels very vegan friendly whenever I go in, and I've never had a bad dish there. I really like the look of the cookbook, but the price tag has put me off a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe