Tropic Skincare

I've only ever watched one series of The Apprentice but it happened to be the one a couple of years ago where Susan Ma reached the final. She was my favourite out of the Apprentices that year and her idea was to develop her existing skincare range. Fast forward a couple of years and although she didn't win the series Lord Sugar chose to invest and the full range of skincare products and make up was launched earlier this year and has already won several awards. It's sold in the same way as Neal's Yard and Body Shop sell their stuff in that you book an 'ambassador' to come to your house to do demos for you and your friends and you can then order any products through them. As the host you get 15% of any sales to use against products for yourself. I booked a party as one of my friends had started selling it and the range is completely vegan. I must say I was really impressed with the quality of the products which smell amazing. I've got a bit lazy about looking after my skin and as I'm about to have a birthday and will be ticking the next age bracket on forms I treated myself and bought the box set of the full facial skincare range.


Of course I couldn't have people round without doing some baking. I made a coffee and walnut cake with speculoos frosting, a chocolate chai cake with coconut and cardomon frosting, lavender shortbread and chocolate chip and rosemary cookies. I also splashed out on some of the new Pukka Teas and can report that the Peppermint and Liquorice and the Earl Gray with Lavender are both excellent.


Going back to the spread the chocolate chip rosemary cookies are a new Isa recipe. They are part of the new video range that she's just brought out and are predictably excellent. I'm getting Isa Does It for my birthday and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Has anybody tried anything from it yet?

Edit - My skin has responded really well to the products, I'm really enjoying using them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe