Pret Goodies

Now that I get a train into work Pret A Manger is on my radar as there is a branch in the station. My first encounter was with a Supergreens sandwich and I must say it nearly put me off trying anything else. The avocado was unripe and the dressing was mouth puckering with way too much lemon. However, I was much more impressed the second time round. I'm a massive fan of coconut water and was pleased to see it on sale here alongside delicious veggie crisps. Their kale crisps are pretty good too although I think the Inspiral ones just have the edge and I can get them from the juice bar in Piccadilly station along with Inspiral desserts. I  do have to recommend the dark chocolate covered rice cakes in the picture though. There was three in the packet and I rationed them out over the course of a day.


The sandwich is the new Dukkah wrap. I'm a big fan of Dukkah ever since I got to review it for Can I Eat It?  and one of my favourite ways to use this spice blend is sprinkled on roasted vegetables towards the end of cooking. It was great in this wrap.



I've also discovered that Pret do a really nice salad called Greens, Grains and No Bread which is just the sort of thing I like to eat at home. What other favourites have people discovered from here? I know they do quite a few vegan soups too. It's really heartening to see more vegans options like this appearing in mainstream places. There's an M and S food in the station too so I've got a pretty decent choice of lunches if I've not been able to bring stuff in from home.

Comments

  1. I've had good and bad versions of the supergreens too! Haven't tried the Dukkah wrap, but that's next on the list. It's good that they've actually started putting 'vegan' on the labelling too - anything that makes it a little bit more visible can only be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe