Cooking with Stout

I've been enjoying cooking with stout and chocolate recently as they are such a great flavour combination. I blogged about making this ice cream back in January.  The recipe for the Vegan Chocolate Stout ice cream is from a blog called the Beeroness and I highly recommend it if you like these kind of flavours. I followed the recipe in full this time and added the toasted coconut which gave an extra dimension. I don't have an ice cream maker but the beauty of this recipe is that you don't need one and the texture is spot on. I'd also recommend Sainsbury's Coconut Milk as all the tins I've bought recently have been more like a thick coconut cream than milk and therefore perfect for ice cream making.


The cake in the picture was another great recipe discovery which I found through Googling. It's this recipe from the Culinary Orgasm blog. Interestingly neither this blogger or the Beeroness are actually vegans but they have written fantastic vegan friendly recipes.


And finally here's my own recipe Chocolate, Stout and Cranberry Tea Loaf made as mini loaves drizzled with icing made from Sugar and Crumbs Chocolate Orange icing sugar. I'm always on the look out for vegan friendly stouts as a lot of makes use isinglass. Has anyone any recommendations?

Comments

  1. Yes! I love chocolate, and I love stout, either together or separately! I remember thinking how good that ice cream sounded before and I still haven't got around to trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm a big fan of both stout and chocolate so this sounds perfect. As for stout rec's last time I checked was when I was visiting Ireland and I found O'Haras stout which was/is vegan. It was really good too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe