Vegan Mofo Day 3 - Chocolate, Lime and Sea Salt Chia Pudding


Today's Mofo prompt is what your easy cook meal, the meal you cook when you can't be bothered to cook much. I came up with this breakfast recipe recently when Matt was away on tour.


Don't worry I don't just live on bars of chocolate when I'm on my own! It was a Friday night and I was munching the bar above thinking how much I loved the flavours of dark chocolate, sea salt and lime. Choc Affair also make it in hot chocolate form which is one of my favourite hot chocolates ever.


What came to me was the idea of combining these flavours into a breakfast chia pudding. Minutes later the pudding was sitting in the fridge just waiting for me for the perfect, delicious no cook Saturday morning breakfast.


Ingredients
Serves 1

1 1/2 tablespoons of cacao powder
1/8- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons of agave or maple syrup
3/4 cup of almond milk
Juice of half a fresh lime

Stir all of the ingredients together. Pour into a cup or dish and leave to chill in the fridge overnight whilst the chia seeds firm up. I added a bit of lime zest to the top too.


Comments

  1. I love dark chocolate and sea salt, I've never had it with lime! I will have to try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate for breakfast, I like your thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you a fan of the film Practical Magic, by any chance? As I recall, the eccentric aunts were big advocates of chocolate for breakfast. Me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought to mix chocolate and lime, but that sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really fun breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe